Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipes
Broccoli Rice Casserole is loaded with flavorful rice, carrots, corn, chopped ham, and cheese. This rice casserole is a great way to use up leftover ham, bakes up in one pan, and it’s a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 can (15.25 oz) gold n’ white corn ((drained well))
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup long-grain rice ((I use basmati rice))
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 OR 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a skillet pan, over medium heat, add the butter, onion, and carrots. Cook, stir occasionally, for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the chopped steamed broccoli, ham, and corn. Stir together and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cream of broccoli soup, salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir together until the creamed soup is combined with everything.
- Add the dry rice and water. Stir together. Add shredded cheese and stir together once more to combine.
- Pour the casserole mixture from the skillet pan into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until rice is done , no liquid remains, and the top of the casserole is golden brown.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post