Balsamic Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipes
Celebrate the start of summer with this healthy strawberry rhubarb crisp! Tossed with balsamic vinegar, this recipe bursts with sweetness and flavor. And with the perfect crumbly oat topping, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- 1 pint strawberries (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted (or oil of choice))
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Toss the strawberries and rhubarb in balsamic and coconut sugar. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- While the fruit is roasting, prepare the topping by combining all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir together until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- Remove the fruit from the oven and scoop the strawberries and rhubarb off the pan and into the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Be sure to leave the juice behind!*
- Spread the crumb topping evenly across the top of the fruit and bake on the center rack for another 15 – 20 minutes until the fruit gets all bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with your choice of ice cream, coconut whipped cream or coconut yogurt!
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post