Malted Brownie Cookies Recipes
Enjoy fudgy brownie cookies with this from-scratch recipe – no box mix required! Malted milk powder adds something special to these rich and chewy chocolate cookies with perfectly crackly tops. These will be a favorite for your cookie trays.
- 8 oz dark chocolate, (chopped)
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, (chips or chunks)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter ((1/4 cup), cut into cubes)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour ((60 grams))
- 1 1/2 tbsp malted milk powder ((12 grams))
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- Add chocolates and butter to a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Melt in 15-20 second bursts, stirring well after each increment, until combined and smooth. Set aside for now. Alternatively you can do this step with a double boiler if you prefer that way.
- Add the sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine and remove out any lumps. Add the room temperature eggs and using the whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened considerably.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt to the bowl with the egg/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the melted chocolate/butter mixture using a rubber spatula. Next fold in the flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, and the instant espresso powder, taking care not to overmix the batter.
- Pour out the batter into a wide freezer-safe dish, such as an 8×8″ pan. Cover the top with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least one hour, or until the batter is well chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line several large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a two-tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, scoop rounded cookies about 2″ – 2 1/2″ apart onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are crackly and have dried. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight plastic container or bag.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post