Homemade Strawberry Sauce Recipes
This homemade strawberry sauce recipe is easy to make and only requires three simple ingredients. Perfect for topping on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cheesecakes, and so much more!
Cuisine : American,
Recipe Yields : 1 and 1/4 cups strawberry sauce
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
Keywords : homemade strawberry sauce,
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (stems removed and sliced)
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, stir together the strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices and the mixture starts to boil (about 5-8 minute). Then, slightly reduce the heat to low-medium heat and allow the strawberries to continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened (about 15-20 minutes).
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat and pour in a glass container and allow to cool completely. Top on your favorite dessert or refrigerate until ready to use.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post