Apple Cider Muffins Recipes
These mini muffins are perfect. A bite sized morsel of apple cider goodness, dusted with a hint of cinnamon sugar.
Cuisine : American,
Recipe Yields : 24 mini muffins, 12 regular
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Keywords : apple muffins,
- ½ cup toasted quinoa flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup potato starch (tapioca and arrowroot will also work)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- ½ cup milk
- Cinnamon & sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin wit non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flours in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream the oil sugar, salt and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Beat in the egg until fully incorporated.
- Mix in a bit of flour, then a bit of milk to the wet ingredients, alternating until everything has been incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the tins, filling to the brim.
- Bake in the center of warmed oven for 12 – 15 minutes, until browned, but still slightly soft to the touch.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Add to a bowl with cinnamon and sugar and toss to coat. Let cool completely.
- These are best served warm, so reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds if they have cooled completely.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post