Crispy Southwest Chicken Skillet Burritos Recipes
These crispy southwest chicken skillet burritos are so easy to make, versatile, and a quick & easy 30 minute dinner! All your favorite burrito fillings cooked to crispy perfection in a skillet pan.
- 1 1/2 cups rice ((heat it up if using leftover rice))
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans ((drained & rinsed))
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 burrito-sized large tortillas
- In a large bowl stir the rice, chili powder, cumin and garlic salt until combined. Add in the chicken, black beans, green onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir together to combine.
- Sprinkle some cheese over a tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then dollop about 3-4 dots of sour cream over the cheese.
- Add some chicken/rice mixture (about 1/3 cup) and arrange down the center of the tortilla.
- Fold up burrito style (fold in sides and then roll up from the bottom) or just fold into a wrap style. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray both sides of each burrito with cooking spray and place in a skillet pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post